Friday, July 22, 2011

Like a Phoenix...

Small-bany is rising from the ashes. Rejoice, my three faithful readers! (Yes, I am including myself. I do technically read this).

I was warned that the third child would play some part in my undoing, I just didn't realize that it would take me this long to start 're-doing' again.  Don't get me wrong, it's been a joy. A year-long, sleep-deprived, bleary-eyed, Tension Tamer tea-swigging kind of joy, but there has been plenty of joy and my chubby ball of baby has made our family complete. (And when I say complete I mean it, mean it. Not like the first two times).

So, let's reaquaint ourselves, shall we?

I started this blog two years ago as a means of exploring the world through the innocent eyes of my children. In other words, I needed to find out what activities I could still enjoy with toddlers and still maintain a modicum of dignity and sense of self.

I have three kids, 6 and under (yes, kid's menus were written for people like me) a minivan with at least a quarter of a tank of gas in it at all times, and half a summer vacation looming..errr...I mean beckoning me to fill it with adventure. I prefer free and outdoorsy stuff, but am game to try anything at least once, so if you have suggestions, I'd be willing to try them out.

Why read this blog when there are probably better ways to fill your time?  Frankly, I can't answer that.

So, to quote my dad, who is infamous in our house for not being able to sit still, "Let's do something."

(and please leave comments if you are so moved...I love them!)

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back Small-bany!
    I'm looking forward to some new interesting posts.Love this blog...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails