Friday, September 9, 2011

Sock Sorting Sympatico

I usually finish up my laundry folding with sock sorting. I never look forward to it because I guess I am subconsciously preparing myself for the inevitable disappointment that comes with mismatched socks. I know it's cliche, but I have an entire drawer FULL of mismatched socks hoping for reunion.

Today, however, was different. Today will live on in my mind as

THE DAY THAT ALL OF THE SOCKS THAT WENT INTO THE WASH CAME OUT WITH THEIR MATCHING PAIR!

When has this ever happened?  NEVER. That's when. Not to me, anyway.

I can only explain it by saying that the feeling of pairing that last sock with its mate was akin to placing the last piece of a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle. You know, like the one you bought five years ago when you thought it would be great to start doing jigsaw puzzles, but actually the idea was better the reality and so it just sat on the shelf until you took it out again to sell in a garage sale, but then had second thoughts and just decided it might be kind of relaxing so you ended up finishing it one night when your other plans fell through...

Yes, it was that kind of accomplishment.

And this my friends is as close as one can get to domestic nirvana. 

1 comment:

  1. I get so distressed at the sock situation now that it's a nest of four people's potential mismatches that I have handed the job off to my kids.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails