Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Welcome to Small-bany

Before the birth of my second child, I remember my doctor telling me that his wife had one simple rule: Get out of the house at least once a day. She had four children under the age of eight, and this is what she did to keep herself sane. With two kids (age 4 and 2) I have a hard enough time keeping myself together, with four I can't imagine it, but that rule has stuck with me and is what has inspired this blog. Living in Albany, where the weather is bearable for 1/12 of the year (ok, not that bad, but we're well into spring and I still see flurries.. aargh!), it takes a mighty effort to bundle the kids up and head out of doors, but in my seven years of living here, the effort very often pays off.

So... the overarching purpose of this blog is to remind me (and you) that there are loads of kid friendly places to discover and explore. I hope to update this site at least twice a week with ideas on where to go, what to do, music reviews, book ideas, and other fun stuff that helps us enjoy our families and the beautiful place we call home. As always, the strength of this site will come from input from all you out there, so keep your eyes and ears open and let me know what to include.

Welcome to Small-bany. Where a kid can be a kid...or something like that.

2 comments:

  1. What a FANTASTIC idea! You know what you should do? Post little cute signs at all kid-friendly places in Albany, post on craigslist, and start linking to other blogs and places around town. :-) I'm totally behind you on this one! PS: email me and I'll tell you how to get business cards with your blog and a picture. BUG HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog--advertisers should flock to this.

    Where do I invest?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails