Sunday, February 14, 2010

Salad Spinner Art

I hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day! I'll post our special V-day adventure soon, but in the meantime I thought I would share a little craft that's easy enough to do at home. Put some painting clothes one, because it could get a little messy.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Step 1: The kids really love cutting, so I folded some paper in half and let them work on cutting out half hearts I drew on paper.


Step 2 + : This is the fun and messy part. You need a salad spinner. I had one that I bought from the Christmas Tree Shop for about $3. We taped the heart on the bottom of the basket and dribbled paint all over it.



Step 3: Spin it! Spin it real good.


Step 4: Admire.


These are some of the final products. To deliver them as Valentines, we folded them back in half, punched a hole in the top and tied a yarn bow through it to make it a pretty package. The kids had fun lacing the holes, too.



Here is a much better and more methodical way to doing this at home. I was kind of winging it this time, but now that I have the hang of it, it's definitely something we'll be playing around with more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails