Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Put that bite sized Snickers bar down....

and step away from your kids' trick or treat bag. I don't know about you, but all 'dieting' rules get thrown out the window when there is a surplus of candy in my house. And with two fully functioning trick-or-treaters in my house the amount has doubled this year. I have to keep reminding myself that just because the bars are smaller does not mean that I can eat three times as much (she types as she opens another peanut butter cup).

Here is a link with some suggestions on what to do with all the extra Halloween candy. It might be helpful for all of you, but as far as I'm concerned, there will be no 'extra' candy by tomorrow afternoon. Just extra wrappers.

Simpler Living: 5 things to do with extra Halloween candy

2 comments:

  1. my brother and sister-in-law sent their extra candy to the troops. really, how many mini packages of Skittles do we need?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the kiddo and I are going to hide it from mommy. Otherwise she'd eat it all. But he and I are content to have one or two pieces at a time.

    At that rate it should last half the year. Luckily there are so many preservatives in the stuff, it lasts forever.

    Plus frozen candy is awesome too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails